[Chandler-dev] Mail schema changes related to Sharing

Brian Kirsch bkirsch at osafoundation.org
Mon Nov 13 15:53:35 PST 2006

Hi Morgen,
As part of the Mail Schema overhaul I am deprecating the isOutbound
flag on Mail Messages that was used to determine if a message was
outbound (isOutbound=True) or inbound (isOutbound=False).
Instead there will be two new boolean variables with names like
fromMe and toMe. These variables will be used to determine if the
message appears in the 'In' collection, 'Out' collection, or both as
well as its Dashboard ordering.
I am also adding state to all mail messages. Each message will be in
a DRAFT, SENT. QUEUED, RECEIVED, or OTHER (sharing layer) state. The
state will be an enum and will be refined a bit over the next day or so.

So anyway isOutbound is going away and I wanted to check if this
would impact sharing in any significant way?

Thanks,
Brian