[Chandler-dev] [Sum] Oct 23 - 29

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Wed Nov 1 15:22:19 PST 2006

Build, Release, QA
------------------
*Oct 23 Checkpoint*
Bear spins:
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007148.html
Dan tests:
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007151.html

*Alpha4 branch, end game*
Heikki gave the stats: 7 blockers and 25 bugs total. Branch planned for
Thursday Oct 26, at which point all non-blockers were punted. To propose
a bug as a blocker, use the "blocking0.7?" flag.
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007153.html

Heikki explained that we'll build the first release candidate for
testing when we hit zero blocker bugs. It will take QA 2 days to test
the RC. If tests don't pass, we rinse/repeat until we have a good build.
Help testing the RC is appreciated. Heikki pointed out that it was time
to get the website changes ready.
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007156.html

Pieter sent out the punch-list for non-dev docs (the website). He asked
for any additions.
https://bugzilla.osafoundation.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=6824
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007158.html

Bear created the branch on Oct 26 as planned. He noted that the branch
doesn't have a tinderbox, so all fixes must go through unit and
functional tests before committing. Heikki noted that we'll do
checkpoints on the branch. Bear gave instructions for getting the branch
in the message.
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007163.html

*Notify Bear of changes to external*
Bear requested these steps for any changes to an external project: (1)
Send Bear an email or IRC message explaining the change and the problem
it fixes. (2) File a bug with a patch if you don't own the project, so
Bear can test the change.
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007165.html

*Edgy upgrade*
Bear ran into snags upgrading Ubuntu (Dapper to Edgy). Details about
fixes in the messages.
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007167.html
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007169.html
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007170.html

*SVN tip*
Bryan had a tip for people using two SVN clients on your local machine
(say, TortoiseSVN and Cygwin). SVN 1.4 and 1.3 clients aren't really
compatible, so you'll want to update clients together.
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007147.html

*Tinderbox status icon for Firefox 2 updated*
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007173.html

Dev projects
------------
*EIM subtypes*
Morgen asked PJE for an example motivating subtypes. PJE replied that
you might want to create a type similar to an existing type, differing
in size, type URI, or how it handled conversions.
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007152.html

Meetings, Announcements
Apps meeting:
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Journal/AppsMeeting20061025

*Sharing meeting*
Ted sent notes for a kickoff meeting on sharing (both Cosmo and Chandler
folks in attendance).
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Journal/TedLeung20061026

New Apple MacBooks out:
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/oct/24macbookpro.html