[Chandler-dev] [Sum] Oct 16 - 22

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Wed Nov 1 14:52:25 PST 2006

Build, Release, QA
------------------
*Oct 16 Checkpoint*
Bear spins:
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007132.html
Dan tests:
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007133.html

*Orange Tinderbox*
Heikki closed the tree when we started seeing a frequent intermittent
bug. Bryan Stearns tracked it down to a timing issue with
TestReminderProcessing. Bryan changed the test to log critical warnings
instead of failing, so that the tree would go green while he
investigated the problem.
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007137.html

*Zanshin and Vobject*
Katie added zanshin and vobject bugs to the table used by bug council
for triage. These projects now have milestones that line up with the
Chandler project.
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/DevelopmentHome
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007142.html

*Sending large files*
Philippe pointed out a free service (http://www.yousendit.com/) that can
be used to send around large repositories or log files needed for
debugging. We have a project for a public way to submit large files to
OSAF for debugging (Bug 7139), but that will take some time to iron out.
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007146.html

Dev projects
*Filter old events from import*
Mimi asked if it would be worth providing a feature where users can
optionally choose not to import events that are over a month old. Users
might not care, it could be a win if it helped with performance. Pieter
agreed that being able to filter out some data on import would be useful
during the dogfooding phase. He'd like to specify the date of the
filter. He'd like to limit importing old email as well.
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-October/007131.html

Meetings, Announcements