[Chandler-dev] Apps meeting @ 1:15pm in Gotham
pbossut at osafoundation.org
Thu May 4 12:06:05 PDT 2006
We'll have our regular weekly Apps meeting today at 1:15pm in Gotham. So
please be on time and be prepared (i.e. read the agenda so that you may
be prepared if you have to say something on a subject. I wrote a short
summary for each item.).
Also update your weekly status and read the agenda at:
We'll be using the Bridge.
* Question du Jour (10 min): What do you think of the "desktop story"
of the Chandler's ecosystem?
* Alpha2 status (5 min): Code complete was officially announced
yesterday with the landing of wx tarball 45 containing the new
wxColumnHeader integration. We're now in the debug period where all
commit should be reviewed (see Heikki's email on the subject yesterday
on the dev list). How's everyones feeling with their bug count? What
about the finding rate? Also check out the updated curves on the Apps
* Big Features update (10 min): Since we are code complete for
alpha2, focus on lingering or recently discovered bugs, functional tests
required and heads up on alpha3 :
* Dashboard (Alec)
* Free / Busy (Jeffrey)
* Scheduling (Bryan)
* Toolbar (Reid)
* Styles / CPIA (John)
* wx tarb all (5 min): wx 39 changes never made it to the trunk.
John will give us a status.
* Change in the team (10 min): We had 3 people leaving in a matter
of weeks. This will make a big hole in our team. Before moving forward,
we should share as a team how we feel about this and what we should do
differently may be.
* Areas of responsibilities (10 min): As a consequence of the
above, we need to rethink the assignment of components and features for
the rest of 0.7. I will present the current plan of record.
* Meetings next week - Because of the sprint week, all our regular
meetings have been canceled (team meeting, Geek Talk). Next Apps meeting
will be in 2 weeks.
* Sprint week update - Please check out the schedule
We need to prepare the CPIA meeting and the Build meeting in particular.
* Interns - Markku is here, check out the intern page
(http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/IntershipPlan06) for a
complete and final line up of our crop of interns for the summer!
* SoC - Thanks for those who posted subject and volunteered to
mentor people. The google process is now in full swing. We're already
receiving applicants. Check out with Ted if you don't know what to do next.
See you there,
More information about the chandler-dev