[Chandler-dev] is a unified displayName a good thing?

Alec Flett alecf at osafoundation.org
Fri Mar 31 13:09:10 PST 2006

Andi pointed out to me that we can actually have an overridden attribute
at any level in the class hierarchy.. this means we can say, for instance

class Note(...):
    displayName = ....

and that displayName will override any underlying displayName, including
any attribute aspects like 'indexed'

This sounds like the optimal solution to the PyLucene problem I
described below. Does anyone have any objections to this? Ted, this is
domain model stuff.. how does this sound to you?

Alec