[Chandler-dev] Re: annotating selection

Brian Kirsch bkirsch at osafoundation.org
Fri Mar 31 12:28:49 PST 2006

 >> do we intend to support multiple locales at the same time in the
same UI ?

That is an interesting question. The short answer is no. The long answer
is yes :)

Depending on the locale set of the Operating System a parcel (third
party) may not have a translation for the primary locale in the set and
fallback to a secondary locale. If the locale set was for example ['fr',
'es', 'en'] a parcel (third party) that did not have a translation for
French ('fr') but did have one for Spanish ('es') would have its
displayable content in Spanish even though Chandler's displayable
content would be in French.

However, this does not effect the sort order. If the Chandler primary
locale is French, then the sort order should be French language / locale
specific. The parcel (third party) that is rendering Spanish would have
its content sorted using French locale heuristics.

The same would be true for content that was downloaded in to Chandler.

I may receive email in a variety of languages. But the sort order is
French language / locale specific.

--Brian

Brian Kirsch -  Cosmo Developer / Chandler Internationalization Engineer
Open Source Applications Foundation
543 Howard St. 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
http://www.osafoundation.org