[Chandler-dev] email answers to Bugzilla

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Thu Mar 30 17:23:46 PST 2006

Philippe Bossut wrote:
> - feel that feature not particularly useful?

Yup, because (probably due to old habits) always just click bug links to
add a comment in the bug. If I remembered that I could hit reply in
email I might say that it is useful. For one, replying in email would
let me use spell checker...

> - feel it promotes bad habits? (having conversation on bugs in Bugzilla)

Yup.

> - feel that the side effects (occasional comments including the totally
> of a long thread...) outweigh the benefit?

Yup

There is a technical solution to this, but it depends on how badly we
want to change the situation...

We could add some logic to the code that accepts comments over email and
reject comments that contain too much quoting (the too much should be
tuned to something we deem reasonable). If the message was rejected it
would need to send a message back saying what is wrong with the comment.

--
  Heikki Toivonen