[Chandler-dev] checkin guidelines...

Aparna Kadakia aparna at osafoundation.org
Wed Mar 29 21:04:28 PST 2006

As we approach our alpha2 milestone, I want to send out a reminder
about checkin policies from now till we release alpha2.

Alpha2 release date is currently set to April 27th. We will hit the
feature freeze deadline appr 2 weeks before that (April 13th). All
the features and bugs that are targeted for alpha2 should be fixed by
April 13th. In case a significant number of bugs and features are
outstanding by the week of April 13th, the bug council will make a
decision to either retarget some of those bugs or push out the
release date.
All the code checked in after April 13th should be code reviewed by
peers and should be accompanied by a bug number.These should be
included in the checkin comments. We will only allow checkins for
critcal/blocker bugs at that point.
The goal for the alpha milestons is to have all existing
functionality work without regressions and the new features to work
as designed.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Aparna