[Chandler-dev] Re: [Dev] collections and notifications requirements

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Mon Mar 27 13:20:35 PST 2006

Katie Capps Parlante wrote:
> High level summary:
> + We agreed on 0.7 requirements for collections and notifications, based
> on what we learned in 0.6
> + We agreed on a strategy for notifications: the repository will provide
> synchronous notifications to the application and the application will be
> responsible for solving a set of problems at that layer.
> (I will write up both proposals in more detail, probably on Wednesday)

Did I say Wednesday? I guess I meant, some Wednesday, sometime in the
next few months...

Anyway, here is the writeup of requirements:
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Journal/KatieParlante20060324

Andi and Alec have of course already implemented much of what we talked
about. (Yay!)

If we are to to collect this into a spec for 0.7, we also might build on
Ted's 0.6 spec:
<http://svn.osafoundation.org/docs/trunk/docs/specs/rel0_6/ItemCollection-0.6.html>

and John's writeup from earlier this year:
<http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/Collections>

Cheers,
Katie