[Chandler-dev] command line options cleanup?

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Fri Mar 24 10:31:28 PST 2006

D John Anderson wrote:
> Heikki Toivonen wrote:
>> -u,--refresh-ui: I don't understand why we'd need this
>>
> garbage collection. I'd vote for removing it.

Cool.

>>         'profileDir': ('-P', '--profileDir', 's', None,  'PROFILEDIR',
>> 'location of the Chandler Repository'),
>>
> I'd vote for renaming this repositoryDir

While profileDir is not perfect, repositoryDir makes me confused because
 we already have __repository__ directory.

>>         'komodo':     ('-k', '--komodo',     'b', False, None, ''),
>>
> Does anybody use komodo?

I use it on and off, and I think Grant has used it as well. AFAIK it is
the ONLY program that can do true multi-threaded debugging of Chandler
(with Grant's patch, see DebuggingChandler wiki page).

I don't really like the --wing, --komodo options either (don't make
sense to end users), but I am not a fan of environment variables either.
At least these don't  have short options so that is a positive...

--
  Heikki Toivonen