[Chandler-dev] blocks/detail/Detail.py question

Reid Ellis rae at osafoundation.org
Tue Mar 21 12:52:50 PST 2006

Around line 598 of blocks/detail/Detail.py, right at the end of the
DetailStampButton.synchronizeItemDetail method, I see this:

         self.parentBlock.widget.ToggleTool(self.toolID,
shouldToggleBasedOnKind)

Now, I'm changing the Markup Bar from being a
MenusAndToolbars.Toolbar to being just a Block.RectangularChild, so
this code alarms me somewhat.

Is it a good idea to assume anything about the wx widget of a
parentBlock?

Is this a common practice? A quick global search shows me over 40
instances of "parentBlock.widget"..

Reid