[Chandler-dev] copy/paste items bug--invalid UUID

David Tweet self at davidtweet.com
Mon Mar 20 22:07:41 PST 2006

Hello,
   When pasting a calendar item, an exception is thrown because the UUID
is the wrong number of digits.  This is in SUSE Linux 10 on KDE.  If
anybody can point me in the direction of some other debugging output I can
try to generate to figure out what's going on, I'd appreciate it.

Here are the contents of the variable rawData in method PasteData:
96f2f824-b644-11da-a2f0-000e357bf30

And here is the complete traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/chandler/application/Application.py", line 498, in
OnCommand
    block.post (blockEvent, arguments)
  File "/usr/local/chandler/parcels/osaf/framework/blocks/Block.py", line
131, in post
    self.dispatchEvent (event)
  File "/usr/local/chandler/parcels/osaf/framework/blocks/Block.py", line
786, in dispatchEvent
    bubbleUpCallMethod (blockOrWidget, methodName, event)
  File "/usr/local/chandler/parcels/osaf/framework/blocks/Block.py", line
683, in bubbleUpCallMethod
    if callMethod (blockOrWidget, methodName, event): # method called?
  File "/usr/local/chandler/parcels/osaf/framework/blocks/Block.py", line
667, in callNamedMethod
    event.arguments ['results'] = member (blockOrWidget, event)
  File "/usr/local/chandler/parcels/osaf/framework/blocks/DragAndDrop.py",
line 453, in onPasteEvent
    self.PasteData(dataToPaste)
  File "/usr/local/chandler/parcels/osaf/framework/blocks/DragAndDrop.py",
line 465, in PasteData
    itemList = self.ImportClipboardItems(rawData)
  File "/usr/local/chandler/parcels/osaf/framework/blocks/DragAndDrop.py",
line 391, in ImportClipboardItems
    item = self.blockItem.findUUID(itemUUID)
  File "/usr/local/chandler/repository/item/Item.py", line 2066, in
findUUID
    uuid = UUID(uuid)
ValueError: uuid string is not 16, 22, or 36 characters long

~
~

-David.