[Chandler-dev] An event invitation, sort of.

Bryan Stearns stearns at osafoundation.org
Mon Mar 20 11:40:08 PST 2006

When: Monday, Mar 20, 2006 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Where: subversion revision 9866

I just checked in a change that causes outgoing emails stamped as events to include a text description of the event in the body, as well as an attachment with the event in ICalendar format. This message was sent to the chandler-dev list using this mechanism.

(I expect that the text description format will change; also, I've yet to find an attachment mechanism that makes more than one other mail client happy: currently, I'm setting things in a way that gets Apple Mail to hand the ICS attachment to iCal, but Outlook doesn't like it. Either I'll do more research here, or I'll talk with Grant when he returns.)

...Bryan