[Chandler-dev] Re: [Cosmo-dev] Re: [Dev] Re: [Cosmo] Apple iCal & cosmo-demo

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Wed Mar 15 12:14:14 PST 2006

On 3/15/06, Sheila Mooney <sheila at osafoundation.org> wrote:
> So it looks like either of these options aren't great. Are there any
> others we should be considering (other than punting on this use case
> altogether)?

for cosmo-demo: i think we should allow both cleartext and secure
access, and prominently document ical's behavior on the cosmo-demo
front page so that cosmo users know to not use https.

for cosmo itself: i don't think we should make any code changes. at
some point apple will resolve their issue and reintroduce ssl support
into ical. at that point any ical-specific code we've written will
become useless until we refine it to recognize specific versions of
ical (assuming that's even possible). don't want to go there.