[Dev] Quicktime 7.0.4 causes link errors for wxPython - FYI and a solution

Mike Taylor bear at code-bear.com
Thu Mar 9 01:07:43 PST 2006

While researching with Heikki the build error that was happening on
ahukini he googled for the error:

	ld: /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libgcc.a(_fixunsdfdi.o) illegal reference
to symbol: ___cmpdi2
	defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library

and quickly found a recent link that was talking about our same error:

in the discussion they determined that the error is because of an
updated system library from Quicktime 7.0.4

To remove Quicktime 7.0.4 just visit this Apple page:

Normally I refuse to upgrade Quicktime on the build computers because
this has happened to us before - I must have not noticed Quicktime in
the list of upgrades during this last update.

Build and Release Engineer
bear at osafoundation.org

bear at code-bear.com