[Dev] redirect and Who, About and Date

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Wed Mar 8 17:43:00 PST 2006

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, John Anderson wrote:

> I'm planning on getting rid of redirect attributes to handle the Who, About
> and Date attributes in the Summary Table. Instead I plan to add an explicit
> Who, About and Date attribute. By noticing when attributes that affect the
> value of Who, About or Date change (using onValueChanged), I'll update Who,
> About and Date as necessary.
>
> This is simple to implement and eliminates the current problem where Who,
> About and Date sometimes doesn't display the correct value. It also doesn't
> require a special "computed attribute" that isn't stored in the repository,
> so you can always search for Who, About and Date like any other attribute.
> Finally, it allows Andi to get rid of redirect, which simplifies the
> repository design.

We recently discussed something related to this on IRC and came up with a new
attribute aspect, bequeathTo, that would allow you not to have to use
onValueChanged() to bequeath a value from an attribute to another attribute
after it changed.

I'm planning on implementing this in the next few weeks.

Andi..