[Dev] Re: redirect and Who, About and Date

John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Wed Mar 8 16:45:40 PST 2006

Mimi Yin wrote:

>>> + Could a user change which attribute to feed into the explicit Who
>>> attribute? e.g. Show To: instead of From:
> Hmm, might there be a way for an end-user to force the view to display
> something different? ie. Delete To: John and replace it with From:
> Mimi. Or right click on the cell and choose which Who-type attribute
> to display. (Not necessarily for 0.7.)

If I understand you correctly, the simplest way I can think of doing
something like this would be to do the equivalent of adding a new column
with the new attribute.

We run into problems whenever we try to make these attributes "computed
only", e.g. not stored in the repository (because search only works for
things stored in the repository); or when we store them in the
repository and we need to change all the values when the view changes
(potentially a slow operation).

John