[Dev] Re: redirect and Who, About and Date

John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Wed Mar 8 16:19:59 PST 2006

Mimi Yin wrote:
> Hi John, just wanted to clarify a couple of things:
>
> + How do we tell the summary table know which attribute to feed into
> the explicit Who attribute? From, To, CC, BCC, Creator, Author, etc.
There's probably going to be some Python code that belongs to the Item's
Class that decides which attributes feed into the Who attribute.
> + Could a user change which attribute to feed into the explicit Who
> attribute? e.g. Show To: instead of From:
Yes, by changing this Python code.

> In the FUTURE, could we add logic to define different attributes to
> feed into the Who attribute depending on what view you're in? In the
> Dashboard view, feed the From: attribute into the Who: attribute. In
> the OSAF Office calendar, feed the To: attribute into the Who: attribute.
Perhaps a better way to go is to have different Who attributes for
different views, e.g. the "DashboardWho". This would avoid having to
change all the Who attributes when you switched views, or the familiar
"computed attribute" problem if we didn't store "Who" attribute in the
repository.