[Dev] redirect and Who, About and Date

Alec Flett alecf at osafoundation.org
Wed Mar 8 16:02:24 PST 2006

John -
How do you handle when who/about/date are different types? For instance,
I think 'who' on some objects is a refList of EmailAddresses but on
other objects (Note?) it is a EmailAddress object.. or I could imagine
it eventually being a string too.

One solution I could imagine is putting separate, localized 'who'
attributes on a per-Kind basis (so that e-mail addresses could have its
own 'who' that is a refList of EmailAddresses and Notes could have just
a single EmailAddress object.)

But if we're talking about a scheme like this, it seems like it would
make sense to just bake this into the schema layer, rather than
implement onValueChanged on each of the respective PIM Kinds. Maybe pje
can shed some light here?

Alec