[Dev] Performance Update: Why is Chandler slow on Mac?

John Townsend towns at osafoundation.org
Wed Mar 8 15:50:22 PST 2006

Hi John,

I actually had access to an Intel iMac today so I ran your python
test on the machine.

Intel-based iMac (running 1.83 GHz Intel Dual Core) with 1GB of RAM.

The results: 31250 pystones/sec.

By comparison, G4 based PowerBook (1.67GHz PowerPC G4) with 1GB of RAM:

The results: 22831 pystones/sec.

Just thought you might be interested.

--> towns