[Dev] Chandler Windows startup scripts: RunChandler and RunPython

Mike Taylor bear at code-bear.com
Wed Mar 8 11:10:55 PST 2006

While trying to get the quick build tinderboxes to run the Functional
Tests I have located a problem with the RunChandler.bat and
RunPython.bat startup scripts.

On Windows we have to tell the OS that we have a custom dll search path
so that Windows will locate our dll's as they are not in any of the
"normal" places the OS looks for them by default.  This is done for us
by chandler.exe and chandlerDebug.exe - a small program that sets the
environment up, calls the OS API to set the search path and then calls
python(_d).

The problem is that the RunChandler.bat calls the RunPython.bat and
passes it the parameters to run Chandler.py.  RunPython.bat then calls
python.exe or python_d.exe and passes along those parameters.

None of the Run*.bat steps involves the Chandler Launcher so that means
the search path may not be set correctly.

Right now I will be modifying RunChandler.bat to use the launcher as
that will fix my tinderbox issue.  After that I need to research the
RunPython issue a bit and then I'll post a proposal here for
discussion.

---
Bear

Build and Release Engineer