[Chandler-dev] Unit and Functional Tests updated to handle Unicode character display

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Thu Jun 1 09:59:02 PDT 2006

Markku Mielityinen wrote:
> I will have to agree with Heikki and Philippe, see my original comments
> from Tuesday (Bug 5952). Having this kind of randomness is dangerous and

Repeating the test using all of the characters is not very appealing,
because the "unit" tests we have already take too much time.

Bryan Stearns suggested on IRC that we would select the Unicode
characters to add based on the input string. Brian K and I agreed that
that would be fine, and Brian took the action to implement this.

After some more thought I am thinking that hybrid method might be best:

- select the first Unicode character to add based on the input
- hard code the second Unicode character to add; one of the values that
does not fit in extended ASCII

--
  Heikki Toivonen