[Chandler-dev] Apps meeting @ 1:15pm PST in Gotham
pbossut at osafoundation.org
Thu Jun 1 00:16:29 PDT 2006
We'll have our regular weekly Apps meeting today at 1:15pm in Gotham. So
please be on time and be prepared (i.e. read the agenda so that you may
be prepared if you have to say something on a subject. I wrote a short
summary for each item.).
Also update your weekly status and read the agenda at:
We'll be using the Bridge.
* Question du Jour (10 min): Comments about the target user presented
* Bug count and schedule (10 min): I updated the graphs on the
Apps page (please check). The count is way too high for a short release
like alpha3. We are 15 days from code complete so it doesn't allow us to
start a major rework, only incremental improvments (which can be very
good). Since the key element (background sync) is in the hands of the
platform team, I propose to commit on a couple of opportunistic
improvements (wx "tarball 39", finish wxColumnHeader integration), the
rest being highly negotiable. One thing though I'd like us to do in
those 3 weeks is to at last extract from the recently updated specs the
tasks and swag them (all the way to the end of 0.7) so that we can have
some visibility on the end date of this release.
* Big Features update (20 min): Please, prepare a short status,
list of issues, blockers, things to solve, etc...
* Dashboard and Scheduling (Bryan)
* Free / Busy, Calendar UI (Jeffrey)
* Toolbar (Reid)
* Styles / CPIA (John)
* wx (Robin)
* Misc (5 min)
* Machine updates: We're in the process of purchasing some
hardware for the wx tBoxes and some Intel Macs. I'll update the team on
* Interns and SoC Students: They are coming in! If you are a
mentor, please be ready. If you aren't, please make the newcomers feel
at home and help them get up to speed fast.
* Welcome Brian K! He's back to Chandler after a Cosmo hiatus.
Brian will be joining our group. We're still discussing which tasks
he'll take over but we sure have plenty to do... :)
More information about the chandler-dev