[Chandler-dev] 0.7 alpha 3 RC 1

Mike Taylor bear at code-bear.com
Mon Jul 31 10:43:27 PDT 2006

I just downloaded the Chandler_osx_0.7alpha3-rc1.dmg, installed it on
my intel mac and ran it.

It ran under Rosetta and the python process shows up in the "Kind"
column in Activity Viewer as PowerPC so it is the PPC build running.

When I displayed the About Box my new platform string was showing as
Intel - so it appears that the Python platform.processer() routine is
talking directly to the hardware.

After about a minute Chandler just disappeared.

I will work on solving the processor detection issue so that the
Chandler startup code can detect the PPC on Intel situation.