[Chandler-dev] Chandler sharing TCP and SSL usage

Lisa Dusseault lisa at osafoundation.org
Tue Jul 25 10:27:07 PDT 2006

On Jul 25, 2006, at 9:25 AM, Heikki Toivonen wrote:

> My suggestion on how to go forward, though, would be to analyze an
> unencrypted connection. In my performance test comparisons between
> cosmo-demo (over SSL) and qacosmo (unencrypted) I could not detect
> significant differences (of course, these are different machines so it
> is not a straight comparison). I would actually be surprised if
> most of
> our sharing performance problems came from the use of SSL.

Since the trace shows that connections were serialized, and since one
of the connections spent 2 minutes doing nothing, this at least is a
serious performance concern.   I can try to compare without SSL but I
think the chances are low that the issue of 2 minutes before even
starting the handshake is unrelated to SSL

Lisa