[Chandler-dev] Re: Request for Coments on Chandler Internationalization / Egg Integration Proposal

Markku Mielityinen mmmm at osafoundation.org
Mon Jul 24 12:25:46 PDT 2006

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> * I would like to see a more prescriptive approach to domains.  That
> is, instead of saying "you can use whatever domain you like", I think
> we should tell people what domains to use and precisely how to
> formulate a domain string.  While this is not an issue for the
> underlying implementation (which need only handle mechanism, not
> policy), I think that a clear domain policy is essential to making the
> overall "ecosystem" work and minimizing the number of decisions that
> developers have to make and get right.

I also noticed that you decided not to use the project concept to
replace the domain concept as was preliminary discussed in
and other communications. Whereas there are few technical limits to what
a domain name can be, I kind of liked the simplicity of the project
concept as proposed by me and pje.