[Chandler-dev] Re: Request for Coments on Chandler Internationalization / Egg Integration Proposal

Markku Mielityinen mmmm at osafoundation.org
Mon Jul 24 12:25:46 PDT 2006

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> * I would like to see a more prescriptive approach to domains.  That
> is, instead of saying "you can use whatever domain you like", I think
> we should tell people what domains to use and precisely how to
> formulate a domain string.  While this is not an issue for the
> underlying implementation (which need only handle mechanism, not
> policy), I think that a clear domain policy is essential to making the
> overall "ecosystem" work and minimizing the number of decisions that
> developers have to make and get right.

I also noticed that you decided not to use the project concept to
replace the domain concept as was preliminary discussed in
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2006-May/005999.html
and other communications. Whereas there are few technical limits to what
a domain name can be, I kind of liked the simplicity of the project
concept as proposed by me and pje.

Cheers,
    Markku