[Chandler-dev] Contacts "milestone" 0.1

Ernesto Rivera rivera.ernesto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 20:11:12 PDT 2006

Well I have a preliminary version of contacts with primitive vCard
import support.

There's a lot to do, but I decided to commit the progress at this
point. Instructions for testing the code here: http://
wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Journal/AddressBookProject

1. use de File->Import/Export->Import from vCard file option
2. choose a .vcf (with extension or not) vCard file.
3. all contacts in that file will be imported to your "Address Book"
collection (several contacts can live on a single .vcf file).

(If you see nothing click on the "Address Book" collection and click
on the sunny "All" button)

Also there a couple of test files under parcels/contacts/tests

I guess I'll have a lot of feedback. For now:

- The "raw vCard" detail view is small because it's inside a
"MakeArea". And it is that way in order to be shown/hidden using the
checkbox above it. In the mean time scroll with your keyboards please.
- There's in no sync. between the raw vCard code and the fields above
(I'll be working on it).
- For now only the first/middle/last and displayName are taken from
the vCards (it's just the beginning).
- Contacts are always imported to *that* collection and not the
currently selected one (for now).
- The Test menu option will be enabled next time.
- Also importing a whole dir. of vCards is coming (for you Outlook
users).

Well, that's it for now. Enjoy

;)

Ernesto