[Chandler-dev] Re: Mail schema

Brian Kirsch bkirsch at osafoundation.org
Thu Jul 20 13:29:53 PDT 2006

Hi Travis,
I need to reread the spec again but in general I agree with your
assessments of moving
the logic of how to convert a specific item type to MIME to the Item
class itself.

One thing I need to think about and yourself as well is storage
requirements to
prevent multiple representations of the same data from bloating the
repository especially
if our goal is for Chandler to someday be a real email client supporting
thousands of
messages.

There is also the case for things such as reply and forward that are
traditional
mail paradigms that need to be support i.e. we will still need to
maintain the original sent
message ala the rfc2882 blob currently employed.

Things are shaking out with mail now and we are starting to put stakes
in the ground as
to what "Email" means in Chandler.

Once this discussion is farther along the correct path for the mail
schema will become
more obvious.

Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian Kirsch
Internationalization Architect/ Mail Service Engineer