[Chandler-dev] Problem with stamping and collection notifications/ kind watchers

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Wed Jul 19 05:57:34 PDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Travis Vachon wrote:

> After talking more with Bryan about this, I understand more clearly why
> a commit during a refresh is kind of tricky. While it might be a nice
> feature to be able to do this, I've actually found a way around doing it
> in my particular situation which isn't actually all that weird.
>
> If you still think this is something you'd like to work in, I'd be
> willing to do the test you mentioned, but if not, I'm just as happy at
> this point not worrying about it.

Deferring the commit() call until refresh() completed did the trick. Thanks to
your reproduction case, I was able to reproduce the problem and fix it.

If commit() is called during refresh(), as for example, during notifications,
the actual committing is now deferred until refresh() completes.

Andi..