[Chandler-dev] More documentation about the repository?

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Tue Jul 18 08:32:23 PDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Philippe Bossut wrote:

> I suppose you also read the docs pointed to by
> http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/RepositoryFramework,
> including:
> - the Busy dev guide to the repository:
> http://www.osafoundation.org/docs/current/repository-intro.html
> - the repository blog: http://blogs.osafoundation.org/chandlerdb/
>
> That being said, the "busy dev guide" is quite outdated and in need of a good
> scrub. Turns out that Andi just made a presentation on the repository at
> EuroPython so I suppose he has some fresh ideas (and content and feedback) on
> how to improve that doc.
>
> Andi, will you be making this public at some point in the future?

I made my slides public but they are pretty content-free since this was a 30
minute talk. As for writing more repository documentation, as I said earlier,
last time I did this it was deemed useless (ask John).

A few weeks ago, when this topic surfaced last, I proposed that someone else
give it a shot. By this I mean that they get it started and structured and
focused on the audience that most itches them. I'm certainly willing (and
more) to update, maintain, enhance, improve, etc.. an existing doc that is
deemed a good start and useful to that intended audience. In the meantime,
until this happens - if at all - I intend to continue posting on the
chandlerdb blog answers to specific questions and descriptions of new (or old)
features as readership interests may dictate.

Andi..