[Chandler-dev] Subzilla updated

Jeffrey Harris jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Thu Jul 13 19:08:45 PDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I added a few more options to Subzilla and went ahead and made an egg so
installation should be easy.

-----------
New options
-----------

subzilla -c 5885
--- close bug number 5885 (prompting for the required comment, default
is "Fixed in rXYZ" where XYZ is the current SVN revision).  The old -c
option to restrict to the current dir was changed to -d.

subzilla -p 5885
--- Post the current tree's diff to bug 5885, now prompting for an
optional reviewer

and of course

subzilla 5885
--- continues to apply the last patch in bug 5885 to a subversion tree

I also changed the bugzilla URL prompt default to OSAF's Bugzilla, no
sense making the primary audience type
https://bugzilla.osafoundation.org over and over again...

I've found that subzilla is handy when I want to move a fix from the
trunk to a branch, among other things.

To install subzilla, run

easy_install subzilla

This will download the subzilla and twill libraries from PyPi and create
the subzilla script for you.  If you don't have easy_install, download
and run http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py

Sincerely,
Jeffrey