[Chandler-dev] Bridging the gap - email options

Mikeal Rogers mikeal at osafoundation.org
Thu Jul 13 15:41:32 PDT 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 3:19 PM, Andi Vajda wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Sheila Mooney wrote:
>
>> 1) The technical pros/cons/issues for all of these alternatives so
>> then we can circle back and evaluate these from a workflow
>> perspective.
>> 2) What are some other options we could consider that we may not
>> have thought of.
>
> Until Chandler's UI can implement a proper mail client, the next
> best solution is to use Chandler as a data hub for email and let
> another - existing - mail client handle the mail UI. This is what
> Travis is currently working on. It is a huge step forward for me to
> actually start using Chandler since I can then continue using pine
> for email but this time as an IMAP client against Chandler-the-IMAP-
> server.

I have to agree with Andi. Since we're targeting people who would be
considered "power users" it's safe to assume that they require
features in their email clients that we aren't ready to deliver in
the beta timeframe.

I'm in the same boat as Andi in this being my number one barrier to
adoption of Chandler.