[Chandler-dev] Bridging the gap - email options

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Thu Jul 13 15:19:09 PDT 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Sheila Mooney wrote:

> 1) The technical pros/cons/issues for all of these alternatives so then we
> can circle back and evaluate these from a workflow perspective.
> 2) What are some other options we could consider that we may not have thought
> of.

Until Chandler's UI can implement a proper mail client, the next best solution
is to use Chandler as a data hub for email and let another - existing - mail
client handle the mail UI. This is what Travis is currently working on. It is
a huge step forward for me to actually start using Chandler since I can then
continue using pine for email but this time as an IMAP client against
Chandler-the-IMAP-server.

Andi..