[Chandler-dev] Commit comments

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Tue Jul 11 14:01:41 PDT 2006

Reid Ellis wrote:
> Sorry, I wasn't being clear. I don't want to modify the svn commit
> message. I thought that if the message contained the text "fixes bug
> XXX", then a script could be fired off that accesses Bugzilla, marks the
> bug as "FIXED", adding the text from the checkin comments.

I think it would be problematic to mark the bug fixed. For example, if
you change something in external/wx the bug isn't really fixed until you
change chandler/Makefile. Then there are also different branches to
consider.

However, I would actually like if, when I checked in, the actual checkin
comment and revision number (or maybe link to websvn or something)
automatically appended to the bugzilla bug comments.

--
  Heikki Toivonen