[Chandler-dev] Re: Last Alpha 3 bug needs a question answered: What commands are active when a modeless dialog is active?

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Tue Jul 11 12:03:14 PDT 2006

It seems like unless we think there are workflow reasons to keep all
commands active, we should keep things simple and make the
'Subscribe' and 'Share' dialogs modal.

The one workflow issue that might arise is that users may launch the
'Share' dialog 1st BEFORE creating and selecting a new collection in
the sidebar to publish.

We may want to add a pull-down to the publish dialog so that users
can select: New collection or any other collection from the sidebar
AFTER launching the 'Share' dialog. The collection selected by
default should still be whatever was selected in the sidebar when the
user launched the 'Share' dialog.

Morgen? Is this simple to do?

Mimi