[Chandler-dev] Commit comments

Mike Taylor bear at code-bear.com
Tue Jul 11 10:29:19 PDT 2006

Unless you modify the commit message *before* svn sends it to the
server no amount of hooking or processing will allow you to add text to
the commit message that svn stores.

The commit emails have their information added to the message after the
fact, and as Grant has noted, do nothing for people who monitor svn log
data.

What would be needed is a script that can be used by all devs to parse
the commit message and add data before passing it to svn.  Or we just
modify the email side of the picture by adding code to the post-commit
script that sends out the emails.