[Chandler-dev] Last Alpha 3 bug needs a question answered: What commands are active when a modeless dialog is active?

John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Mon Jul 10 17:52:26 PDT 2006

Hi:

It seems like I have the last Alpha 3 bug to fix. Fortunately, it's
pretty easy, but it does raise and interesting question that I need to
answer before fixing the bug:

Suppose you have a modeless dialog frontmost, i.e. on top of the
Chandler window. Should commands other than those for the dialog be
active, e.g. all the usual Chandler commands, or should only the
commands appropriate for that dialog, e.g. cut/copy/paste be active.

My personal opinion is that it's probably most convenient for the user
to make all the commands active. However, that may lead to a situation
where a modeless dialog might need to reflect changes from some Chandler
command that happens while it's frontmost.

John