[Chandler-dev] Re: [Design] Chandler IMAP server parcel

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Wed Jul 5 17:44:06 PDT 2006

Hi Travis,

Of course as soon as you have something working, you will be
inundated with questions about additional features that actually
don't have anything to do with what you did because people are so
excited about what you did do. So here are some questions:

When you drag emails from Apple Mail / Thunderbird into Chandler, how
smart is Chandler? Can Chandler do things like:

+ Identify that an email was sent from Chandler / Scooby and
reconstruct the Chandler item from the email. (e.g. This email was
actually originally a Chandler event that was stamped and sent as an
invitation.)
+ Identify that an email was sent from Chandler / Scooby and that the
email is really the same item as an item you already have in your
Chandler (via Sharing).
+ Identify that an email was sent from Chandler / Scooby and is
really an update to an item you already have in your Chandler.

I'm not sure how much of this kind of thing falls under the projects
you have for the summer ;o) Just pulling together the pieces to turn
this nifty IMAP feature into a complete workflow.

Mimi