[Chandler-dev] Chandler IMAP server parcel

Travis travis at osafoundation.org
Wed Jul 5 17:17:13 PDT 2006

Hi everyone

The attached parcel give Chandler the ability to act as an IMAP server.
This makes it possible for mail clients like Thunderbird, Outlook, or
Mac Mail to "see" Chandler. Even more exciting, it allows for dragging
and dropping of mail messages into Chandler (through the mail client's
interface).

README.txt, included in the attached archive, has instructions on how to
set this up in Mac Mail and Thunderbird. The parcel has been tested
fairly extensively on these two clients, but almost certainly has more
bugs. It should be pretty stable, however, especially if you don't
switch between mail clients too much. It has not been tested at all with
Outlook, so any reports on this would be appreciated.

This was my first project using the repository, so if folks more
familiar with its proper use find time to review how I use it (ie, times
when I refresh and commit) I'd appreciate it. I've marked some specific
questions with #XXX in the code. Of course, with alpha 3 approaching, I
understand completely if folks are too busy at the moment.

Sorry about sending these attachments over the list, I should have a
subversion sandbox setup pretty soon. Fortunately, they aren't too big.

Comments and questions are, of course, very welcome.

Thanks,

Travis