[Chandler-dev] CATS-0.2 Proposal

Mikeal Rogers mikeal at osafoundation.org
Wed Jul 5 16:42:55 PDT 2006

We are near completion of CATS-0.2, which features a new micro-
framework modeled slightly after the upcoming Open Automation Framework.

The purpose of writing a new version of CATS was to increase
stability and ease of test writing as well as make the transition to
OAF seamless once it's written.

I've written two new wiki pages on CATS-0.2. One is a general doc and
the other is intended to be a guide to writing tests with 0.2.

http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/
ChandlerAutomatedTestSystemZeroPointTwo
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/
WritingChandlerAutomatedTestsWithCATSZeroPointTwo

The source for the new micro-framework is well commented and can be
found here:

http://svn.osafoundation.org/chandler/trunk/chandler/tools/cats/
framework/

Note that QAUITestAppLib has been renamed to ChandlerTestLib.

The ported tests are here:

http://svn.osafoundation.org/chandler/trunk/chandler/tools/cats/
Functional/

We would appreciate any feedback you have. Going forward Dan
Steinicke (dan at osafoundation.org) will be the point of contact for
issues pertaining directly to CATS (previous and 0.2).

-Mikeal