[Chandler-dev] Contacts/Address Book project

Bryan Stearns stearns at osafoundation.org
Wed Jul 5 14:27:10 PDT 2006

Ernesto,
I'd suggested during the IRC session this morning that you:
> (1) create a Calculated attribute around the countMembers method (like
> a python property, but with type info that'll guide the
> attribute-editor picking mechanism; (2) Create anAttributeEditorMappi
> ng that maps 'Integer+static' to 'StaticStringAttributeEditor'; (3) in
> your makeEditor call, specify format='static'.
One quick heads-up about this: this strategy -- set up something that
looks like a typed attribute, so that the attribute editor mechanism can
figure out which editor to use, but only after you've preregistered a
custom format for its type and selected that format in the AEBlock that
makeEditor will create for you -- is the right way to do this, but it's
possible that StaticStringAttributeEditor may not do the right thing for
numeric attributes, so we may need to either pick a different editor
class or tweak StaticStringAttributeEditor a little; once you get to the
point of trying this, we can figure out what the next step is. Let me
know when you get to that point...

...Bryan