[Chandler-dev] Contacts/Address Book project

John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Tue Jul 4 15:42:20 PDT 2006

Grant Baillie wrote:
> Hi, Ernesto
>
> On 4 Jul, 2006, at 10:58, Ernesto Rivera wrote:
>
>> Well conditionally-visible but still fixed number of fields would be
>> more a patch than a definitive solution.
>> The fixed number of fields is a wxWidget limitation?
>
> No, it's a limitation on the API/architecture for specifying the tree
> of Blocks that is shown for a given Item in the detail view.

I think the architecture could support a variable number fields by
changing the method on the detail view's BranchPointBlock that returns
the tree of blocks. However, this might not be considered consistent
with OSAF's vision of the Chandler UI. And because we haven't used the
BranchPointBlocks except in very limited cases, it's likely that you'll
run into several snags.