[Chandler-dev] Contacts/Address Book project

Grant Baillie grant at osafoundation.org
Tue Jul 4 11:21:34 PDT 2006

Hi, Ernesto

On 4 Jul, 2006, at 10:58, Ernesto Rivera wrote:

> Well conditionally-visible but still fixed number of fields would
> be more a patch than a definitive solution.
> The fixed number of fields is a wxWidget limitation?

No, it's a limitation on the API/architecture for specifying the tree
of Blocks that is shown for a given Item in the detail view.

> I think the most viable solution would be to have single multi-
> valued field (like lists for HTML). Something like this:
>
> <pastedGraphic.png>

That seems like a reasonable way to have all the information
(imported from a vcard, say) be displayed in the detail view; making
stuff editable will be more work, but doable.

Along the lines of verifying vcard import, I'd also suggest writing
unit tests for vcard import (i.e. having sample vcard data, either
embedded in the test itself, or in separate files in a 'test'
directory). Let me know if you need help getting that set up.

> Exists there a "table view" block?

Yes: parcels/osaf/framework/blocks/Table.py. That's currently used in
the sidebar (parcels/osaf/views/main/SideBar.py) and summary table
(a.k.a. dashboard) (parcels/osaf/views/main/Dashboard.py).

Cheers,

--Grant