[Dev] Community goals for Chandler 0.7: QA

Aparna Kadakia aparna at osafoundation.org
Thu Jan 12 19:03:32 PST 2006

Absolutely. What we need the most right now is a good volunteer base.
Some time last year Heikki and I met with Asa Dotzler, the QA lead from
Mozilla, and  we got a number of good ideas from him on how we could
motivate volunteers.Mozilla currently enjoys a volunteer base of
thousands of people and a number of problems people have suggested here
are what they encounter. We would be happy to be in that position.
First and foremost he said we need a product that is usable. With 0.6 we
are clearly there so this is a good time to start the effort.
The other thing he had suggested was making public announcements on news
groups, weblogs and IRC sessions after every big release and blogging
intensively about Chandler. He also volunteered to make announcements in
the mozilla community once we told him we were ready.

I have captured the ideas from the meeting right here in case you would
like to know:
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Journal/AparnaKadakia20041119

Regarding filing bugs, I think we should make it as simple as possible
for people to report bugs (thru bugzilla or talkback mechanism from
Chandler) and if that means no email address or account creation is not
necessary, we go with that for now. If we are swamped with thousands of
bug reports, we can add the additional constraints.

Aparna