[Dev] Community goals for Chandler 0.7

Ted Leung twl at osafoundation.org
Wed Jan 11 18:06:11 PST 2006

On Jan 11, 2006, at 8:18 AM, Alec Flett wrote:

> I have a very quick-entry-point goal: More QA.

Sure.   As Aparna has mentioned, we're kind of underway to do more of
this.  One thing I am interested in is how to actually get more
people to participate in QA.   Most of what we have now is "let's put
up bugzilla and tell people to go there, and they'll just come".
Except that we don't have a big user base or a lot of momentum.  So
unlike one of the highly visible projects, like Firefox or Apache, I
think we actually need to work at getting people to just file a bug
report.   If you look at <https://bugzilla.osafoundation.org/
buglist.cgi?
query_format=&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=
substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&stat
us_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwo
rds&keywords=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&ema
ilreporter1=1&emailtype1=notregexp&email1=osafoundation.org&emailassigne
d_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=notregexp&email2=&bugidty
pe=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=2005-12-20&chfieldto=Now&chfieldva
lue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last
+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=>  You'll see that
there are 13 non-osaf bugs (actually less than that) in Bugzilla
since the date of the 0.6 announcement.   So we're not exactly
getting a flood here.

Ted