[Dev] Wing users: 2.1 beta seems good, and get the patches.
stearns at osafoundation.org
Mon Feb 27 10:23:41 PST 2006
I mentioned in IRC last week that the Wing folks had announced
availability of the first beta of their 2.1 version.
Since then, I installed it (just on Windows), and:
- I wasn't able to get the new Subversion integration to work, though
that hasn't bothered me since I prefer TortoiseSVN and cmd-line svn anyway.
- I like that they've separated searching the current window from
searching on disk - that always bugged me.
- I found a problem with disk searching (it was slow because it wasn't
excluding filtered-out directories, like .svn); I asked about it, and
they posted a patch over the weekend.
- I noticed, but someone else reported, a problem with copy/paste in the
search dialogs - that's patched too.
- Wing now has an automatic check-for-updates mechanism, which offered
me both patches this morning - yay.
- I've been watching the wing-users mailing list, and people are finding
& reporting bugs pretty rapid-fire; that said, I haven't found anything
that blocked me from using it.
If you feel adventurous, you can download the new version from here:
(It either doesn't require a license key, or uses the existing 2.0
license - I don't know which.)
More information about the Dev