[Dev] Last call: bugzilla components proposal

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Tue Feb 21 15:55:47 PST 2006

Hi Andi,

The current decision is to use bugzilla to track tasks as well as bugs.
The app team has been using bugzilla this way for nearly a year
(http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/BugzillaTracking) and
most of the platform team has agreed to try using bugzilla this way for
0.7. Tracking bugs and tasks in one instance of bugzilla allows us to
track the work in one place, one of the reasons we chose to do this even
though bugzilla has some flaws as a task tracker.

Given that decision, we need the components to support our work. I'm
confident that we can come up with a reasonable set of components that
support both tasks and bugs. I understand that you respectfully disagree
with using bugzilla for task tracking, but as it is working reasonably
well for the apps team, we're going to go with the group decision.

Cheers,
Katie