[Chandler-dev] Email interpretation info and ideas

Philippe Bossut pbossut at osafoundation.org
Fri Aug 18 09:57:25 PDT 2006

Viksit Gaur wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if Chandler is using one of the NLTK or MontyLingua
> libraries for the work Darshana's doing? I was just talking to bear on
> IRC about the interpretation of emails today. My idea was that based on
> certain keywords, an email could be flagged for possible conversion to a
> task. Semantic analysis on the text, and an option to "Add as task" pops up.
>
> I'm sure this has been discussed already (be glad if someone could point
> me to a discussion? I've seen the small page on the Wiki) - but I
> thought I might try and see how that might go while waiting for the MVA
> code to move into alpha3! ;)
As you said, it is mentioned in the initial writing of the project
(http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Journal/InternProjectNaturalLanguageUnderstanding).
We may have discussed it on the dev list (I can't recall) but I'm sure I
discussed it verbally with Jeffrey. The issue we had was with the GPL
license both of those code bases come with. I just verified for NLTK but
I can't access the MontyLingua website right now.

Cheers,
- Philippe