[Chandler-dev] Suggestions on Quick Item Entry in the Search bar

John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Thu Aug 10 15:42:47 PDT 2006

I'm worried that using the text search field as a text entry box will be
confusing.

Searching and text entry are completely unrelated so using the same
widget doesn't seem very natural. Adding drop downs in the search box
which create new events instead of searching will add further confusion.
Without a dropdown or some other discoverable UI most users will never
learn about the feature.

I think it makes more sense to add new UI for this feature. Perhaps, a
toggle to open and close a new text area, or maybe a floating panel with
some buttons (maybe with command keys) that would pre-populate the field
with /mail, /task, etc.

John