[Chandler-dev] Dashboard date and lastmodified proposal
vajda at osafoundation.org
Wed Aug 9 14:10:37 PDT 2006
It seems that what you want could be done with yet another
We already have:
- monitors called on a change in an attribute of a given name, globally
- watchers called on a change in a given collection attribute on a given
item (synchronous and asynchronous)
- watchers called when an item of a given kind is created, deleted or
- watchers called when a given item changes
- onValueChanged() called on an item when any of its chandler attributes
How about getting rid of onValueChanged() which is too big of a hammer and
replace it with what I think you're suggesting - maybe I'm oversimplifying
here - namely a new attribute aspect naming a method to invoke on an item
when the attribute changes ?
The same method name could be used for multiple attributes, of course.
>From the usage I've seen, onValueChanged() is not really needed anymore if we
replace it with this new attribute aspect.
More information about the chandler-dev